Get a Sneak Peak at What We're Looking to Publish
In keeping with our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Light Messages Publishing and Torchflame Books are seeking manuscripts whose content and authors reflect the diversity of people, cultures, and thought in our nation. Authors who have traditionally been underserved in the publishing community are especially encouraged to submit their work.
- Memoirs about particularly meaningful moments or experiences. (See Stewards of Humanity, Their Faces Shone, and Going to School in Black and White)
- Books on faith and spirituality (See Wait, The Color of Together, and Following the Red Bird)
- Collected Essays and Stories (See Gently Between the Words and Climbing Lessons)
- Business, Leadership, and Professional Interests (See Looking Within, Essential Leadership Lessons from the Thin Blue Line, and Becoming a Creative Genius)
- Current Affairs and Public Policy (See Charting a Course for American Education and The Wrongful Conviction of Oscar Pistorius)
- Specialized topics geared toward a specific target audience (See The Mom’s Guide to Surviving West Point, Creole Made Easy, and Please Don’t Let Me Be the Oldest Mom in the PTA)
- Mystery and Thriller (See The Nicole Graves Mysteries, The Peter Savage Novels, The Seer, and Trust Misplaced)
- General and Literary Fiction (See Healing Maddie Brees, Family Weave, and Of Green Stuff Woven)
- Young Adult (See The Next to Last Mistake, Caroline’s Purpose, and Behind These Hands)
- Own Voices (literature written about diverse characters by authors from the culture who can express the nuances of a lived experience—we are particularly lacking in this area and are actively seeking Own Voices titles)
Overall, we're looking for strong narrative voices, enthralling material, and the stories that need to be told.
Think you have just the book for us? We can't wait to read your manuscript submission.